Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Breadwinner

Imagine if your country was ruled by the Taliban and you had to cover your face from head to toe,that is the problem in Afghanistan. The book "Breadwinner" is based on this tragedy. Parvana, the main character, has to make a lot of decisions, like to become a boy to make money for food, or to go to the water tape near their apartment. This book made people understand what was going on in that country.Imagine what it would be like to see the Taliban take your father away. Then the next day you read a letter to one of them and he cries! that would make me very confused. imagine if you saw your friend from school in boy clothes and looked like a boy just like you?I would fell surprised. so many mixed feelings in Afghanistan, and it's not just me who's thinking these emotion.


the question is "imagine what it would be like to make money for your family and food, like Parvana did,how would this change the way of my life?" well I would also make myself a boy, because my hair would feel lighter on my shoulders and I wouldn't have to have hair in my face all the time, plus I could go outside with out my burqa. People wouldn't notice if I was a girl or not. I could also get extra money and go get stuff like candy and other sweet, other than those positive things there were still dangerous things like the Taliban might be around and think she's a girl.that day would be very hard if the Taliban got into this situation.


this would make a grate impact in my life because I wouldn't have to go to school and that would be bad. also you couldn't show your face in public unless you're a boy. and you can't go outside without a boy. Also you would have to live in fear every single day. this would also change my life because I wouldn't have a big house to live in so I would have to live in an apartment like Parvana. also I would have to stay home unless I really needed to go out. This is the type of fear Afghan women usually have to face everyday, rich or not, they couldn't make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment