Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Monday's Middle School's Norval Trip

On Monday October 19, 2009, the whole middle school went on a trip to a place called the Norval Outdoor Education Center. We went there to build our leadership and to "bring middle school closer",but I don't think it was very good idea of "bringing middle school together" because we were just split into groups of our classes and we knew everyone in our group. The trip was okay, some parts were sort of fun but other parts were no fun at all. Like some of the activity's were fun, and some were no fun at all. For example the Mohawk walk was really easy for me, because I do gymnastics, and I'm use to it all the time,plus I had to go first to pass the rope to everyone. Also I was the first on to get to the end.This activity was all about balance and mostly trust from the spotters. Then there was this activity which was called "The Kings Finger"it was hard to get the tier out over the post, because the post was so high. We tried Jenny on Jakes shoulders, but it only left Jenny hanging. Literally. Then after trying new things we finally give up.


After all the Activity's were finished we ate lunch, after we had a drum circle. A drum circle is a thing were everyone comes,and well, plays the drums. No not the drums in the rock and roll music, the drum that is made in Africa, the single drum. Well anyhow, we were playing, and the leader who was leading us, was so energetic, that he was bouncing off the walls when we all did something together. Also he was getting us into the grove and everything, although my friend Hayley and I, didn't like the drum circle very much, it was just another thing in our daily lives. Nothing spacial. Also at the end of the drum circle the people did this one song in the drums, and it was kind of cool, because I wasn't really listening, because of the fact that my Hayley and I were deciding if we should be bus Buddy's or not.when we were done talking about that, the drum circle was over and we all when to the bus, but then Emilie had to go to the washroom so I went too. Then when we got to the bus Hayley and I couldn't be bus buddy's, so we had to split up, Hayley in the front, and me in the back.


All together the trip was okay, the only good part about it was the bus ride there. My friends, Hayley,Emilie, Lyndsey and i were playing games like truth or dare, would you rather, and other games like that, but the most worst part, of the trip, was the part my friend Wilks and i got yelled at the back of the bus, on the way back to the school. I wanted to go talk to Hayley at the front of the bus, so I gradually made my way up to the front then when I got there, Andy, and Jordan started pulling my hair, and it was getting annoying, so I yelled "stop" to them. Then one of the teachers heard me, and there was only suppose to be two to a seat, but when I went up there, there were three in the seat so she asked me to go back to my seat, and she was watching me as I went to the very back, and it was so embarrassing. Then at the back I went in to Wilks' seat and there was Emilie, Wilks,and I on a seat. suddenly the same teacher comes back to us, and tells us to move to the other seat. and at that exact moment everyone went quiet in the bus and it was even more embarrassing for me. when we hit the speed bump at our school we knew we were back home, and I was so relieved.

2 comments:

  1. Much improved from your previous post Blayne. You've really given your readers insight into what you thought of the day. Make sure that the details and examples you choose to share are relevant to the main idea of your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I loved the bus ride too! The drum circle was pretty cool, I have to admit!

    Emilie
    <3

    ReplyDelete